Strong study habits are essential for even the youngest learners. Our Study Skills programs in Kenosha, Wisconsin have the power to ensure your son or daughter learns how to tackle increasing workloads from elementary school to college and beyond with ease. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure good study habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Because every child has individual needs, there's no one-size-fits-all method to instill life-long study skills and facilitate positive academic behaviors and attitudes. Luckily, our Personalized Tutoring programs take that into consideration. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Effective note taking strategies: There are many ways to make study time more productive, such as flash cards and color coding.
- Active reading strategies: Strong comprehension skills are important in every subject.
- Research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we explore how to evaluate sources and create a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We know how to bring out each student's inner writer, transforming them into much more effective communicators.
- Time management: Take the stress out of growing workloads with advanced organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Online safety: We help students learn how to use the internet safely, including how to evaluate and share digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build on and sharpen the right skills: You choose the skill areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, effective note-taking or presentation skills — so we’re honing in on the areas your teen needs the most guidance.
- Feel more confident tackling new challenges: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes so your teen develops confidence and perseverance to conquer big expectations.
- Develop skills that will come in handy in the future: Sylvan can help your son or daughter work on essential skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation!