It's never too early to develop strong study habits. Our Study Skills programs in Brookfield are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. Whether your child is starting to fall behind or wants to develop the skills to get ahead, our study tips and techniques can make all the difference.
Learning How to Study More Effectively
We ensure that good study habits become second nature by combining personal instruction with independent practice—and plentiful opportunities to put developing skills to the test!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. Luckily, our Personalized Tutoring programs take that into consideration. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our tutors are experts at teaching your teen strong research, writing and study skill as well as digital literacy, time management and goal setting — all of which will come in handy well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You determine which skills need more attention — such as time management or research — so we can ensure we're focusing on the right areas for the most noticeable results.
- Feel more confident: The positive behaviors and attitudes we foster are a big step towards building confidence and meeting big expectations.
- Develop vital assets for the future: Sylvan can provide guidance for public speaking, job interview preparation and other important skills for young adults.