Brookfield, WI 53005
When it comes to tackling heavy workloads and preparing for tests, strong study habits can make a world of difference. No matter if your child is falling behind or eager to get ahead, our study skills programs at Sylvan Learning of Brookfield can help ensure effective study habits become second nature.
Well-developed study habits are key to helping kids and teens navigate mounting demands at school. Our study skills programs combine instruction, independent learning and hands-on practice to make sure skills stick. Learn more about our program offerings below!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
At Sylvan, we recognize that every student has different needs, which is why we take a tailored approach to tutoring. Our Personalized Tutoring program focuses on your child’s unique strengths and needs in order to effectively develop strong study habits and reinforce positive behaviors. Here are some of the many skill sets this program covers:
- Time management: Organization and prioritization skills are key to developing more effective study habits.
- Research and writing: Your child will learn how to evaluate sources, write a bibliography and become a stronger, more engaging writer.
- Note-taking: Learning how to incorporate tools and strategies like flash cards and color-coding can help streamline the studying process.
Advancement & Test Prep (9-12)
Having strong study skills in place is essential to successfully tackling the heavy workloads and new challenges that high school brings. Our expert tutors will help your teen master vital skills, from time management and goal setting to research and digital literacy. With our Advancement & Test Prep program, your teen will:
- Master key skills: Whether it’s better time management, note-taking or presentation skills, we’ll focus on the areas your teen needs the most guidance with and ensure concepts stick.
- Feel more confident: Along with equipping teens with practical skills, we reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes to keep them motivated to take on the next big challenge.
- Prepare for the future: At Sylvan, we want your teen to thrive in school — and in life! That’s why we also teach future-ready skills like public speaking, goal setting and job interview preparation.