Developing strong study habits is essential to success! With our Study Skills programs in the Minneapolis region, your son or daughter has the opportunity to develop skills that will serve them well throughout their education. This includes skills for managing heavy workloads and strategies for easing the transition from elementary school to college and even into the workforce. Whether the aim is to prevent your child from falling behind or give them extra support to get ahead, our proven study tips and techniques will make a big difference.
Smart and Effective Study Strategies
We provide a mix of instruction and independent practice to ensure great study skills become ingrained habits. After all, kids and teens face growing demands and expectations that don't stop at school — they're still there after graduation!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
No two children have the exact same needs. For this reason, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to learning, especially in relation to attitudes and behaviors that impact performance in all subject areas. You can feel good knowing our Personalized Tutoring program zeros in on your child’s unique needs. Here are a few of the skill sets we teach:
- Active reading techniques: Reading comprehension skills play a key role in all school subjects.
- Conquering the writing process: We can help students become more skilled and proficient writers.
- Helpful strategies for taking notes: Get smart about study time with practical and effective techniques like color-coding and flash cards.
- Time management skills: Sometimes knowing where to begin is the hardest part. We’ll help your child learn how to successfully organize and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Research strategies: We take a deep dive into specific subjects and look at the best ways to write bibliographies and evaluate sources.
- Internet safety: We help kids learn how to use the internet safely and effectively, including finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to goal setting, digital literacy and advanced research skills, we empower teens to develop talents that are applicable well into adulthood. Our tutors are here to provide the motivation and inspiration students need to achieve all their goals. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Strengthen the right skills: Through this modular program you can choose which topics of study to focus on, which helps ensure your teen’s specific needs are taken care of.
- Build lifelong competencies: We provide plenty of opportunities for Sylvan students to put their new skills to work. This helps engrain key concepts and turn smart habits into lifelong competencies.
- Gain confidence: By encouraging and reinforcing positive behaviors, we can help your teen feel more confident, more motivated and more prepared to take on big tasks.
- Prepare for the future: We can help your teen get a head start on adult responsibilities by working on advanced strategies in goal setting, public speaking, job interview preparation and more.