With Sylvan's summer camps in West Virginia, it's easy to see how the fun starts when school ends! We offer exciting, interactive programs where friendship, teamwork and hands-on tasks take center stage, allowing kids to continue learning (and enjoying themselves!) all summer long. It makes for a new type of learning environment beyond the classroom — and a special group dynamic where existing friendships are strengthened or new ones made.
Want to inspire your child to learn more and do better than ever next school year? Take a look at the Sylvan camps offered in your local area now.
Making Learning More Engaging — and Fun!
Our summer camps in West Virginia focus on the kind of skills kids need in the 21st century, and include seriously cool projects and fun-filled activities that your child will be excited to experience week after week. Whether it's writing, reading, study skills or practical STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) sessions, our tutors know how to nurture vital competencies that can be put to use in school and in life. Get more learning in this summer: register your child for a Sylvan summer program today!▼
Summer Camps Kids Love!
As leaders in tutoring, we know how to provide kids with the support they need to do better in the classroom and beyond. It could be writing camp or reading camp, where the focus is on making language more interactive and creative. For example, it could be a reading or writing camp that helps your child understand language in a more creative and interactive way. Or it could be one of our exciting new STEM-focused camps, where kids get to program robots, create video games and take part in other exciting activities.
Whichever program is best, you can rest easy knowing that our summer camps in West Virginia lead to more fun, more friendship and much greater confidence when school resumes.
Our Academic Summer Camps for All Ages Include:
- Early Reading (PreK-K): Any student entering elementary school needs to have mastered the basics of reading. That's why our knowledgeable teachers provide the perfect preparation in the form of engaging lessons and exciting games.
- Study Skills (Grades 4-12): Every successive school year introduces new challenges and responsibilities, but we teach the practical time management and organization skills kids need to stay on top of their workloads.
- Fit4Algebra (Grades 6-9): Not many kids are excited by algebra, but our camp is made up of fun summer activities that build up your child's math skills for the school year ahead.
- Writing (Grades 4-9): Your child will develop creative skills, writing abilities and a legitimate portfolio of work at our language-focused Writing camp.
Our STEM Summer Camps Include:
- Robotics (Grades 1-6): LEGO® is cool to begin with, but we make it even cooler at our Robotics camp, where children build robots using LEGO® bricks and award-winning software. Imagination and creativity — not to mention important STEM and problem solving skills — will flourish.
- Engineering (Grades 1-8): If you have a budding architect or engineer in your family, he or she will love getting hands-on designing, evaluating and reconstructing creations that are based on real-life structures form around the world.