Finding a reliable reading tutor in Charleston, West Virginia can make a big impact when it comes to improving your child’s reading skills, boosting his or her confidence and getting real results in the classroom and beyond. Whether your child has started to fall behind, is in need of extra practice to keep up in class or is interested in getting ahead, you can count on our tutors for the tailored learning he or she needs succeed.
Tailored Learning for Great Results
Sylvan offers varying approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is learning in the best way for his or her needs. After pinpointing your child’s current level, we’ll recommend the right path to ensure he or she can get results quickly.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child can't keep up with reading scores and needs support to reach his or her grade level, this program is the perfect fit. Here’s what sets our Personalized Tutoring apart:
- Success at school and during homework time. Measurable progress is guaranteed!
- The exact support needed. Using a detailed reading assessment, we get to know which skills need attention in order to improve reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- No more frustration. We design personalized learning plans and continually adjust them to ensure that reading is challenging and fun.
- Competitive rates. Getting the best reading support is affordable! Our hourly rates compare with private tutors and other tutoring companies.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child is doing okay with reading-related schoolwork but could do with some extra support to realize his or her potential, this could be the right program for you. Here's what our Academic Coaching provides:
- Proactive tutoring designed to strengthen critical reading comprehension skills.
- Varied learning sessions that include homework help, test prep and skill practice, with each topic tailored to your child's needs.
- A curriculum that aligns with local schools in order to ensure the most effect results in class.
- Affordable monthly packages so you can arrange the best reading tutoring and keep your budget on track.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or wants to do a better job with advanced course loads, your teen can excel at accelerated coursework and lay the groundwork for successful college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With this program, you can expect:
- Higher confidence (and lower stress) when tackling large workloads.
- Time management skills to help manage homework tasks and get ready for tests with a lot of reading, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Even better scores on classwork and college entrance exams, as well as ideal preparation for challenging college workloads and elevated expectations.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Get Started Today!
The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment helps determine your child’s learning requirements so that our expert tutors can focus on strengthening those specific areas for greater success. Call us today or fill out our form and we'll get in touch to discuss how to meet your needs.