Enlisting an expert reading tutor in Charleston can make a huge difference when it comes to boosting your child’s reading ability and helping him or her achieve more confidence and greater results in school and beyond. Whether you're worried your young reader is falling behind, needs focused extra practice to stay on track or support to really get ahead, we know how to bring out the joy of reading and help children fulfill their potential.
We Personalize Our Tutoring Programs
At Sylvan, we make sure to approach reading tutoring in a way that matches your child’s unique needs. Once we’ve pinpointed your child’s current reading level, we can then recommend the ideal path to make sure her or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling with reading scores and needs help getting skills up to grade level. Here's what you can expect with our Personalized Tutoring:
- Success at school and during homework time. Measurable progress is guaranteed!
- The exact support needed. Using a detailed reading assessment, we get to know which skills need attention in order to improve reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- No more frustration. We design personalized learning plans and continually adjust them to ensure that reading is challenging and fun.
- Competitive rates. Getting the best reading support is affordable! Our hourly rates compare with private tutors and other tutoring companies.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is designed for children who need extra support with reading homework and tests and to stay on course for good results in the classroom. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive support to strengthen reading comprehension skills and get ahead of the curve at school.
- Practical lessons that include skill practice, test prep techniques and homework help, all of which are personalized to fit your child's particular needs and goals.
- A school-aligned curriculum to maximize relevance (and impact!) in class performance.
- Competitively priced monthly packages to help you get the best reading tutoring while balancing your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your son or daughter is on the fast track and could use a little guidance tackling heavy course loads, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen adapt to and become proficient at accelerated courses and college-level classes. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- Higher confidence (and lower stress) when tackling large workloads.
- Time management skills to help manage homework tasks and get ready for tests with a lot of reading, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Even better scores on classwork and college entrance exams, as well as ideal preparation for challenging college workloads and elevated expectations.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Act Now to Benefit from an Academic Checkup
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With our in-depth Academic Checkup, you can see how your child is performing compared to nationwide norms — and understand which areas need extra attention to improve. Get one today at your closest Sylvan!