Looking for a math tutor in Charleston? Whether it's help to stop falling behind, a bit of extra practice or the support to get ahead in math, algebra, geometry or advanced math, your child is in good hands with our expert tutors. Our goal is to create tailored learning solutions that will help your son or daughter accomplish all his or her goals no matter what they happen to be.
The Right Program for Your Child's Specific Needs
Our range of math programs includes extra practice, hands-on and advanced enrichment, which means you can choose the option that's relevant to your child’s needs and goals. Whether it's geometry, algebra or the fundamentals of math, we can help your child get to grips with tricky topics and achieve greater success.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If math is proving to be a struggle for your son or daughter, intensive tutoring could be the key to better scores and improved confidence. As part of our approach, we aim to make math more relatable to the real world, helping children gain a deeper understanding in and beyond the classroom. Here’s what our Personalized Tutoring program includes:
- A customized approach: Our Sylvan Method™ approach allows us to tailor our learning plans to meet a range of different needs, including your son's or daughter's.
- Terrific results: Your son or daughter could achieve up to two to three times more growth in math scores than his or her peers.
- The best guidance: Our Sylvan-certified tutors make sure your child feels supported every step of the way by adjusting the learning plan to keep math as engaging as possible.
- School-aligned curriculum: By aligning with local school standards, our math curriculum — and teaching methods — remains relevant in the classroom.
- Affordable prices: Our hourly and monthly rates are comparable with similar tutoring companies so you can get the best math help to fit your budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child requires extra support for homework assignments, could benefit from a little more practice or just needs an extra challenge to stay engaged, Academic Coaching might be the perfect solution. Our experienced tutors can provide support for homework, studying for tests and managing workloads. Here’s what you’ll get with our new monthly subscription program:
- Tutoring support to proactively sharpen the math skills your child will need to complete homework and tests — and build confidence!
- Targeted learning sessions that ensure your child is getting the attention he or she needs to get ahead.
- School-aligned learning to make sure lessons are relevant in the classroom.
- Expert tutors who use the same teaching methods as math teachers in schools.
- A range of scheduling options including afternoons, evenings and weekends so you can choose the time that works for your family.
- Budget-friendly monthly packages that you can afford.
Advanced Math and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your son or daughter is on the fast track in math, our advanced math and test prep programs could be a great way to help him or her tackle difficult concepts and complete homework assignments. Whether your young math star is in elementary school, middle school or high school, you'll love how they master new skills to achieve even more in the classroom — and beyond. With our Advancement and Test Prep programs, your child will:
- Master math skills with ease, including computation, process, reasoning and problem solving skills, which provide a strong foundation for future success.
- Feel more confident and prepared in the classroom. Our tutors know the local curriculum, so they can better connect the lessons taught at Sylvan with what’s being taught in your child’s school.
- Gain deeper math experience with accelerated learning and hands-on exercises to ensure concepts stick.
- …and our hourly rates are competitive!
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. By pinpointing your child's unique strengths and needs, the Sylvan Insight™ Assessment identifies the areas our expert tutors will focus on for success.