The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Vancouver, your child will spend time learning effective time management and test prep strategies and better prepare for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Vancouver? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program includes:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.