As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Spokane Valley make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming college applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to be More Personal
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Spokane Valley, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful college application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.