It's never too early to develop strong study habits. With our Study Skills programs in Federal Way are designed to help students achieve their academic potential and manage an increasingly demanding academic workload from elementary school to college and beyond. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
Better Strategies for Studying Smart
From instruction to lots of independent practice and chances to put new skills to work, we can turn good study habits into a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has unique needs, which means the process of instilling useful, life-long study skills, and reinforcing positive behaviors and attitudes when it comes to studying won’t be one size fits all. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Teaching your teen digital literacy, smart study habits, goal setting, time management and research and writing skills that he or she will put to good use well into adulthood is what our expert tutors are trained for. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.