As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Everett, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful college applications. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That's how our study skills experts are helping Everett students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Everett? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program offers:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.