Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Burlington, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful college application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That's how we help Burlington pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Burlington? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the college admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.