Do you want your child to start building smart study habits now? Our Study Skills program in Bellingham is the perfect way to support your son or daughter on his or her quest to take on heavier workloads starting from elementary school all the way up to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Guidance for Studying Smart
We mix one-on-one instruction with independent tasks (and lots of opportunities to put developing skills to the test) in order to ensure that good study habits become second nature!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has unique needs, which means the process of instilling useful, life-long study skills, and reinforcing positive behaviors and attitudes when it comes to studying won’t be one size fits all. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. The following skill sets will be covered:
- Research skills: Finding and evaluating relevant sources, and writing an accurate bibliography.
- Effective note taking strategies: From color coding to flash cards, study aids can help material stick.
- Active reading skills: Better reading comprehension will be valuable to your child in every subject.
- Time management: Supplement strong study habits with good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master the writing process: Encourage your child to become a stronger, more effective writer.
- Online safety: Tips for locating and evaluate relevant sources as well as how to share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors teach teens skills that can be used in school, college and beyond, including digital literacy, goal setting, study habits, time management and more. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build on and sharpen the right skills: You choose the skill areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, effective note-taking or presentation skills — so we’re honing in on the areas your teen needs the most guidance.
- Feel more confident tackling new challenges: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes so your teen develops confidence and perseverance to conquer big expectations.
- Develop skills that will come in handy in the future: Sylvan can help your son or daughter work on essential skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation!