As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Sylvan's study skills program in Bellingham is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong college application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how our experts tee up Bellingham students for real success at school — and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Bellingham and you can expect nothing but positive changes. You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.