Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Washington. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 can develop practical life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills, enabling them to manage their schoolwork and schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Washington now to get started.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Success starts with a solid foundation. So our study skills program in Washington is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. At Sylvan, we're always mindful of the bigger picture, so we're dedicated to teaching lifelong knowledge that helps to ensure your son or daughter's lasting personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Child in Grade 4-12 Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.