When you find the right reading tutor in Spokane, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve — and for his or her confidence to get a real boost, leading to greater success in the classroom and beyond. No matter if your son or daughter is falling behind, needs extra practice or wants to get ahead, our certified tutors know how to provide the focused guidance and support he or she needs to thrive.
Different Programs for Different Needs
We know that reading tutoring is not a one-size-fits-all type of thing, so we provide several different approaches according to your child's unique needs. Once we’ve pinpointed your child’s current reading level, we can then recommend the ideal path to make sure her or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling with reading scores and needs help getting skills up to grade level. The many benefits of Personalized Tutoring from Sylvan include:
- Success in school and at homework time. We guarantee progress!
- The exact support your child needs. The results of our comprehensive reading assessment allow us to pinpoint what your child needs to improve fluency, comprehension and reading competence.
- Higher confidence and full support. Our certified reading tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan so reading is challenging and fun — not frustrating.
- Competitive rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so getting the best reading help for your family is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
Choose this program if your child needs just a little extra support to stay on track with reading-related schoolwork. Here's what our Academic Coaching provides:
- Hands-on tutoring that focuses on strengthening and sharpening reading comprehension skills to stay on top of homework and boost results in the classroom.
- In-depth learning sessions that include homework help, skill practice and test prep tips, all wit the goal of meeting your child's specific needs.
- A modern curriculum that aligns with local schools for greater performance in class.
- Affordable monthly packages that meet your child's needs — and your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or wants to do a better job with advanced course loads, your teen can excel at accelerated coursework and lay the groundwork for successful college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. This program offers:
- Improved confidence (and lower stress levels) when it comes to tackling mounting workloads.
- Proficiency at finishing tough reading assignments in accelerated courses.
- Stronger time management skills for completing homework in a timely manner and effectively studying for big tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Better scores in all areas of school, from homework and tests to college entrance exams.
- Preparation for the course loads and expectations to come in college.
- Affordably hourly rates.
Get Started Today and Save!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you book an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we will compare your child's academic skills to nationwide norms — and use our findings to pinpoint areas for improvement. Don’t wait: start today for just $95*!