When you get the right reading tutor in Renton in your corner, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve, leading to better grades and bigger smiles. No matter if your son or daughter is falling behind, needs extra practice or wants to get ahead, our certified tutors know how to provide the focused guidance and support he or she needs to thrive.
A Personalized Approach to Tutoring
In order to ensure your child is learning in a way that best meets his or her needs, Sylvan provides a range of approaches to reading tutoring. We'll evaluate your child’s current level and recommend the right path for the most effective learning experience — and the most improved scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is designed for kids who are having a hard time getting their reading skills up to grade level. With Personalized Tutoring from Sylvan, you can expect:
- Success in school and at homework time. We guarantee progress!
- The exact support your child needs. The results of our comprehensive reading assessment allow us to pinpoint what your child needs to improve fluency, comprehension and reading competence.
- Higher confidence and full support. Our certified reading tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan so reading is challenging and fun — not frustrating.
- Competitive rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so getting the best reading help for your family is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
Choose this program if your child needs just a little extra support to stay on track with reading-related schoolwork. This is what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring designed to strengthen critical reading comprehension skills.
- Varied learning sessions that include homework help, test prep and skill practice, with each topic tailored to your child's needs.
- A curriculum that aligns with local schools in order to ensure the most effect results in class.
- Affordable monthly packages so you can arrange the best reading tutoring and keep your budget on track.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or needs guidance to get to grips with a more challenging course load, you can help your teen excel at accelerated coursework and succeed in college-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- Boosted confidence (and lower stress) for conquering big workloads.
- Greater efficiency when it comes to tackling advanced reading assignments.
- Honed time management skills for successfully completing homework and effectively studying for tests with big reading components, like the SAT and ACT.
- Improved scores on assignments, tests and college entrance exams.
- Preparation the workloads and expectations of college.
- Competitive hourly rates that suit your family's budget.
Act Now to Benefit from an Academic Checkup
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. By scheduling an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we can take evaluate your child's academic skills in comparison with nationwide norms — and use our findings to identify which areas need to be improved. Request one today at a Sylvan in your area!