If you’re searching for a math tutor in Federal Way, we’re here to help. Whether your child is slipping behind, needs more practice or is looking for a chance to get ahead in algebra, geometry or advanced math, our tutors are experts at making it happen.
The Right Math Program Your Child Needs
Sylvan’s selection of math programs include extra practice, additional support and advanced enrichment — all tailored to meet your child’s needs. We help budding mathematicians understand the fundamentals and master geometry, algebra and other tricky topics.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
It’s common for kids to struggle with math and start to fall behind — but intensive tutoring can help turn scores around and build confidence. As part of our approach, we aim to make math more relatable to the real world, helping children gain a deeper understanding in and beyond the classroom. Here’s what sets our Personalized Tutoring apart:
- A targeted approach: With our proven Sylvan MethodTM approach, we'll make sure to tailor a learning plan that takes into consideration how your child works best.
- Top-of-the-line guidance and support: Our Sylvan-certified tutors are trained to provide the best support every step of the way. We're constantly adjusting your child's learning plan to take the frustration out of math class.
- Bigger, better results: We guarantee you child will see results, just like the rest of our tutoring students who typically see up to three times more growth in their math scores compared to their peers.
- School-aligned curriculum: By designing our math curriculum with the local school standards in mind, our tutors are able to make lessons even more relevant to the classroom.
- Competitive rates: With hourly rates that are comparable to other tutors, you can get the best math help AND stay on budget!
Academic Coaching (K-8)
For homework help, additional practice outside of class or an extra challenge, look no further than our NEW Academic Coaching program. Here’s what you can expect with our new monthly subscription program:
- Tutoring support to proactively sharpen the math skills your child will need to complete homework and tests — and build confidence!
- Targeted learning sessions that ensure your child is getting the attention he or she needs to get ahead.
- School-aligned learning to make sure lessons are relevant in the classroom.
- Expert tutors who use the same teaching methods as math teachers in schools.
- A range of scheduling options including afternoons, evenings and weekends so you can choose the time that works for your family.
- Budget-friendly monthly packages that you can afford.
Advanced Math and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child is on the math fast track, you’ll love seeing your elementary, middle school or high school math star tackle tough math concepts, master new skills and achieve greater success with confidence. With our Advancement and Test Prep programs, your child will:
- Build a strong foundation for future success as they master advanced math skills like computation, process, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Gain confidence at school.
- Strengthen their math experience with accelerated sessions and practical exercises that reinforce important math concepts.
- ...and our hourly rate is extremely competitive!
Get Started with Our Special Offer
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is designed to accurately identify your son or daughter’s personal strengths and needs, pinpointing the precise areas our expert tutors will work on for greater success.