Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Seattle and Tacoma region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Seattle and Tacoma region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Comprehensive Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Seattle and Tacoma region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What to Expect
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Seattle and Tacoma region take a look at the larger picture. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.