With Sylvan's summer camps in Virginia, it's easy to see how the fun starts when school ends! We offer exciting, interactive programs where friendship, teamwork and hands-on tasks take center stage, allowing kids to continue learning (and enjoying themselves!) all summer long. This group dynamic also means your child can bring friends — or make new ones — and experience a new kind of learning environment away from the classroom.
Ready to inspire your child to succeed in the next school year and beyond? Find out which Sylvan camps are available in your area now.
Making Learning More Engaging — and Fun!
Our summer camps in Virginia focus on the kind of skills kids need in the 21st century, and include seriously cool projects and fun-filled activities that your child will be excited to experience week after week. From reading, writing and study skills to STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) skills, our programs equip your child with vital competencies he or she can put to use in school and in life. Make this summer the best one yet: sign up for one of our summer programs today!
Our Fun-Filled Summer Camps
As leaders in tutoring, we know how to provide kids with the support they need to do better in the classroom and beyond. That's why we have a varied assortment of summer camp programs that make all topics more engaging. It could be writing camp or reading camp, where the focus is on making language more interactive and creative. Or, it could be one of our new STEM-focused camps featuring cool activities like programming a robot or creating a video game.
Whatever the topic, Sylvan's summer camps in Virginia deliver more fun, more camaraderie and more confidence going into the next school year.
Our Academic Summer Camps for All Ages Include:
- Early Reading (PreK-K): It's essential for preschoolers and kindergartners to know the basics of reading heading into elementary school. Our knowledgeable teachers offer a kid-friendly mix of engaging lessons and exciting games.
- Study Skills (Grades 4-12): Every new school year brings fresh challenges and new responsibilities. We can help your child develop the time management and organization skills he or she needs to say goodbye to school stress — and hello to better grades.
- Fit4Algebra (Grades 6-9): Algebra camp may not sound like a fun summer activity, but our program uses interactive activities to make sure your child's math skills are ready for school.
- Writing (Grades 4-9): Kids explore their creativity, improve their writing skills and build an exciting portfolio in our Writing camp.
Our STEM Summer Camps Include:
- Robotics & Sciences (Grades 1-6): Your child will build vital STEM and problem solving skills while having plenty of fun in the process. Our theme-based sessions encourage creativity and imagination as kids develop, program and animate awesome robots using LEGO® bricks and award-winning software. Super cool!
- Engineering (Grades 1-8): Your budding engineer or architect will love diving into creative, hands-on projects, including designing, evaluating and reconstructing creations inspired by real-life structures from around the world!