The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Williamsburg, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future college applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Williamsburg up for future success.
A Personalized Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Williamsburg? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the college admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.