Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With our study skills program in Sterling, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even college applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Sterling, what can you expect next? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.