As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Stafford, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful college applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how our experts tee up Stafford students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Stafford? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program at a glance:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.