Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Newport News empower students to handle the demands of increasing academic workloads from elementary school to college and beyond. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Studying Smarter with Instant Results
The changing demands kids and teens face at school call for a foundation of strong study skills. From instruction to lots of independent practice and chances to put new skills to work, we can solidify habits into a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. Luckily, our Personalized Tutoring programs take that into consideration. The following skill sets are covered:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits, goal setting and time management to strong communication, digital literacy, and research and writing skills, our expert tutors will teach your teen skills that will stay with him or her well into adulthood. Our proven methods help teens find their motivation and study smarter as they work towards fulfilling their academic potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Feel more confident: We teach positive behaviors and attitudes — not just academic skills — to help teens approach new challenges with unshakeable confidence.
- Build the right skills: Choose which areas need attention — such as time management or presentation skills — to ensure we're making the biggest possible difference for your young learner.
- Make immediate gains: Your teen will have lots of opportunities to apply his or her new skills to real-world assignments and tests.
- Acquire life-long assets: High school is the immediate priority, of course, but you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond, too. We're also here to provide important career preparation, including job interview techniques and even public speaking!