Sylvan’s study skills program in Virginia can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of college. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Virginia today to get started.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Virginia to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Your Son or Daughter Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.