Sylvan’s study skills program in Virginia can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of college. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! Contact your local Sylvan in Virginia now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once college applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. So our study skills program in Virginia is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- Effective time management techniques.
- Goal-setting strategies.
- How to plan and track projects.
- Organizational tips for creating an efficient personal study area and completing homework.
- How to use an academic calendar and track grades.
- Active listening and communication skills.
- How to approach the college admissions process, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation tips and tricks, such as resume writing and cover letter writing.