Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids programs in Midlothian take after-school learning to a new and exciting level! Each week, your child will learn how to construct and animate a new LEGO® robot while acquiring vital engineering and science abilities throughout the process — it’s super fun! Our courses are an excellent way to inspire and motivate your child — and keep him or her engaged outside of school. They're also a great way to empower young programmers or engineers to get on the right path to success by developing critical 21st century skills.
Advance Your Child’s Skill Set
With careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) growing so quickly, it’s all the more vital to ensure your child is equipped with a 21st century skill set. For that reason, our Robotics for Kids courses in Midlothian are designed to not only inspire and engage kids in elementary and middle school, but also provide them with the tools to master modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving. Teaming up with a friend, your child will get to grips with user-friendly technology to create a diverse range of robots — a challenge that will help him or her master practical STEM concepts, have fun and gain major confidence in the process.▼
Stay up to Speed with Your Child's Progress!
Kids of all ages need no previous knowledge or experience of programming to enjoy our innovative programs! Parents value our programs as well because we always keep them in the loop. That includes sending you weekly communications to share student progress, recap STEM concepts learned and preview next week’s project. With our reinforcement tools and wrap-up sessions, your child will consolidate the skills and knowledge he or she has gained — and share his or her achievements with you!
Our Robotics Courses Feature:
- Personal attention and small class sizes, with no more than 12 students per session
- Cool, hands-on projects that make learning a fun and exciting experience
- The camaraderie of collaborating with a partner to construct and animate a variety of LEGO® robots
- Easy-to-learn software that’s fun to play around with
- STEM-focused education that focuses on helping students develop important 21st century skills
- Regular communication, so parents can stay in the know about each week’s topics and what students learned