Our reading tutors in Suffolk know how to help your child improve his or her reading abilities, leading to more confidence and better results in the classroom and beyond. Whether it's help to keep from falling behind, a little extra practice to stay on track or the support to master advanced topics and get ahead, our tutors can help.
Learning Tailored to Get Results
We offer a number of approaches to reading tutoring, ensuring that each child is empowered to learn in the most effective way for his or her needs. Once we pinpoint your child’s current level, we can identify the most appropriate path to take to ensure he or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is focused on helping kids who are struggling with reading and need extra help with getting their skills up to grade level. Here's what you can expect with our Personalized Tutoring:
- Greater success in the classroom. With Sylvan, progress is guaranteed!
- Personalized support. Our in-depth reading assessment gives us insight into what your child requires to boost reading comprehension fluency and competence.
- Boosted confidence. At Sylvan, our certified reading tutors are dedicated to making reading challenging and enjoyable, but never frustrating.
- Budget-friendly rates. We offer hourly rates that are competitive with private tutors and other tutoring companies, which means getting the right reading help for your child is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child could use a helping hand to keep up his or her scores on reading-related homework and tests at school, this could be the right program for your family. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Hands-on tutoring that focuses on strengthening and sharpening reading comprehension skills to stay on top of homework and boost results in the classroom.
- In-depth learning sessions that include homework help, skill practice and test prep tips, all wit the goal of meeting your child's specific needs.
- A modern curriculum that aligns with local schools for greater performance in class.
- Affordable monthly packages that meet your child's needs — and your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is either on the fast track or needs some extra guidance to manage bigger workloads, you can give your teen the support he or she needs to adapt to accelerated coursework and excel at college-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. This program offers:
- Better confidence when it comes to planning and managing large workloads.
- Stronger time management skills not only for homework but also for tests with significant reading components, including the SAT and ACT.
- Even higher grades and scores on homework and excellent preparation for college entrance exams.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Don't Miss Out on Our Limited-Time Offer
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With an Academic Checkup, we can find out how your child measures up to national norms — and learn which areas need extra attention for him or her to achieve more in class. Don’t wait: start today for just $95*!