Enlisting an expert reading tutor in Madison Heights can make a huge difference when it comes to boosting your child’s reading ability and helping him or her achieve more confidence and greater results in school and beyond. Whether you're worried your young reader is falling behind, needs focused extra practice to stay on track or support to really get ahead, we know how to bring out the joy of reading and help children fulfill their potential.
Tailored Learning for Great Results
At Sylvan, you'll find several different approaches to reading tutoring that focus on children's unique needs at different stages in their educational journey. We'll evaluate your child’s current level and recommend the right path for the most effective learning experience — and the most improved scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is falling behind with his or her reading scores and needs extra support to get his or her skills up to grade level, this program is right for you. Here's what our Personalized Tutoring offers:
- Personalized support throughout. We start with a personalized learning plan, and we continually update that plan to make sure reading is a fun challenge for your child rather than a source of stress and frustration.
- Targeted learning. Using a detailed reading assessment, we have the insight to know what your child needs to improve reading comprehension and fluency.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are similar to those offered by private tutors and other tutoring companies, helping to keep the best reading help within your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your son or daughter could use some extra support with reading assignments and tests to keep pace in the classroom, this program could be exactly what you’re looking for. Our Academic Coaching program includes:
- Proactive tutoring to develop and strengthen reading comprehension skills, keep up with assignments and achieve greater results in class.
- Hands-on learning sessions that feature skill practice, help with homework and tips for preparing for tests, all with the goal of meeting your child's unique needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum for greater success in the classroom.
- Monthly packages at great prices, so you can get the program that works with your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your son or daughter is on the fast track and could use a little guidance tackling heavy course loads, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen adapt to and become proficient at accelerated courses and college-level classes. Benefits of this program include:
- Greater confidence (and less frustration) when it comes to taking on heavy workloads.
- Improved efficiency at finishing reading assignments in accelerated classes.
- Better time management skills for completing homework and studying for reading-heavy tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Boosted scores on tests, homework and college entrance exams.
- Workload preparation for college.
- Affordable hourly rates that work with your budget.
Sign Up Now to Enjoy Our Special Offer!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a Sylvan Academic Checkup, we can take stock of your child's academic skills compared to national norms — and use the results to pick out specific areas for extra attention. The time is now: get started for just $95*!