Our reading tutors in Appomattox know how to help your child improve his or her reading abilities, leading to more confidence and better results in the classroom and beyond. Whether you're worried your young reader is falling behind, needs focused extra practice to stay on track or support to really get ahead, we know how to bring out the joy of reading and help children fulfill their potential.
Tutoring Programs Tailored to Your Child's Needs
We know that reading tutoring is not a one-size-fits-all type of thing, so we provide several different approaches according to your child's unique needs. Once we identify your child’s current reading level, we can determine the best path to take to make certain he or she is achieving real results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is focused on helping kids who are struggling with reading and need extra help with getting their skills up to grade level. Here's what sets our Personalized Tutoring apart:
- Personalized support throughout. We start with a personalized learning plan, and we continually update that plan to make sure reading is a fun challenge for your child rather than a source of stress and frustration.
- Targeted learning. Using a detailed reading assessment, we have the insight to know what your child needs to improve reading comprehension and fluency.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are similar to those offered by private tutors and other tutoring companies, helping to keep the best reading help within your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a great fit if your child needs extra support with reading-related homework and tests and to stay on track in the classroom. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Practical tutoring to develop and hone reading comprehension skills, stay up-to-date with homework and boost results in class.
- Learning sessions that feature skill practice, homework help and test prep tips, all focused on meeting your child's unique needs.
- An up-to-date curriculum that aligns with your school to make a greater impact in the classroom.
- Competitively priced monthly packages that work with your family's needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track but could benefit from guidance navigating a heavy course load, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen successfully prepare for and excel at accelerated homework and college-level classes. Here’s what this program offers:
- Bigger confidence (and less frustration) in managing heavy course loads.
- Improved efficiency when it comes to completing advanced reading assignments.
- Sharpened time management skills for finishing homework and studying for tests with a large reading component, like the SAT and ACT.
- Better scores on everything from homework and tests to college entrance exams.
- Effective preparation for college workloads and expectations.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Start Today with Sylvan!
The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is designed to help determine your child's unique learning requirements so that our expert tutors can focus on strengthening those specific areas to achieve greater success. Get in touch with us today and we can go over your needs and discuss how we can help.