If you're on the lookout for a math tutor in Newport News, Virginia, you've come to the right place. Whether your child is struggling and falling behind, would benefit from some extra practice or wants to know how to get ahead in topics like algebra and geometry, our expert tutors can make it happen.
Choose the Right Program for Your Child's Needs
Sylvan’s selection of math programs include extra practice, additional support and advanced enrichment — all tailored to meet your child’s needs. Our goal is to give your child the tools to succeed in accomplishing every one of his or her goals.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Certain math concepts can be difficult to master and cause children to fall behind, but it's possible to raise scores — and confidence — with intensive tutoring. We understand how to make math more relevant and relatable to real life situations, helping your child strengthen his or her understanding and achieve bigger success in and outside of school. With our Personalized Tutoring program, you can expect:
- A tailored approach: Using our proven Sylvan Method™, we customize learning plans for students' unique needs. This ensures a truly effective learning experience.
- Unbeatable results: Our math students achieve up to two to three times more growth in their scores compared to peers who don't attend Sylvan. And we guarantee your child will progress too!
- Expert support: Sylvan-certified tutors guide their students throughout, and know how to modify learning plans to make sure math stays challenging without becoming frustrating.
- School-aligned learning: Our math curriculum is aligned with most school standards.
- Competitive rates: Getting the best math help for your family is more affordable than you may think. Our hourly rates are comparable to other math tutoring providers.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If homework help, extra practice or an added challenge is what your son or daughter needs to get ahead, our NEW Academic Coaching program is here to provide it. Here’s what our new monthly subscription program includes:
- Proactive tutoring that focuses on sharpening skills and tests — and building confidence in the classroom.
- Tailored sessions that account for your child's specific needs.
- School-aligned teaching to ensure the best results in class.
- Interactive activities that are designed to reinforce learning and promote skill mastery.
- Expert tutors who understand exactly how math is taught in modern schools.
- Convenient scheduling for your family, including afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Affordable packages that fit your family's math needs and monthly budget.
Advanced Math and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
You can look forward to watching your math star in elementary, middle school or high school conquer new math challenges including tackling difficult concepts and mastering new skills with confidence. With our Advancement and Test Prep programs, your child will:
- Pick up and master new math skills like computation, process, reasoning and problem solving.
- Gain lasting confidence in the classroom.
- Add depth to his or her math experience with accelerated, hands-on exercises that reinforce concepts learned.
- ...and, as an added bonus, our hourly rate is very competitive!
Don't Miss Out on Our Special Offer!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With an Academic Checkup, we can find out how your child measures up to national norms — and learn which areas need extra attention for him or her to achieve more in class. The time is now: get started for just $95*!