Do you want to know how a math tutor in Virginia can turn a complex subject into more smiles and better results at school? Do you feel that personal, engaging and interactive learning could be the key to unlocking your child’s full potential in the classroom and beyond? When it comes to mastering critical math concepts and developing practical academic skills, you can count on Sylvan's three math programs: personal math tutoring, Math Edge and math homework help. Our programs take college and career readiness standards into account, so you can be confident that our sessions are geared towards long-term success. So if you think it's time to take the head-scratching frustration out of math (it can certainly be a tricky topic!), ask us how a Sylvan math tutor in Virginia can help.
Enjoy Measurable Improvements
We've learned that making math a more enjoyable and engaging subject is the first step towards better academic results at school. At Sylvan's Virginia locations, you'll find that our math tutoring programs can grow scores by up to three times in comparison to students who have not attended Sylvan.
Our Math Programs Make All the Difference
Personal Tutoring (Grades 1-12)
- A learning experience that engages minds. Using the iPad® as a versatile teaching tool, our tutors foster a more interesting and enjoyable environment. It also helps us tweak math lessons according to your child's specific abilities.
- Our proven approach. Our step-by-step technique — Sylvan Insight™ — tailors learning to your child.
- Instant feedback. Keeps students engaged and motivated.
Skill Practice Programs (Grades 1-6)
- Focus on brain-boosting activities. We highlight practical problem-solving skills to help students strengthen their understanding and think about math in new ways.
- A fun format for all. We boost math speed and proficiency with a selection of fun, kid-friendly activities and a great motivational rewards system.
- Challenging math problems. Our math curriculum is aligned with national college and career readiness standards — and features a five-step learning process to make sure your child reaches his or her potential.
Homework Help (Grades 1-12)
- Just-as-needed help. Is a homework assignment proving impossible? Is there a big test to prepare for? Count on our math tutors to help.
- A solution to math-based frustrations. With Sylvan, you don't always have to be the expert: our tutors are ready to put an end to your child's frustration with math and make learning a lot more enjoyable.
- Flexible schedules. Our homework help is available on evenings and weekends for your convenience.
Ready to Get Started?
For a limited time get started for only $95! The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment allows our expert tutors to identify your child's unique strengths and needs so that they can build a personal plan for greater success. Get in touch now by calling or filling out our form to learn more!