It’s normal for your child to experience homework challenges at one point or another — and when those times come, the expert tutors at Sylvan in Newport News can help your child tackle homework challenges head on. If your son or daughter is looking for extra practice, wants to prepare for a future assignment or simply has the goal to get ahead in any given subject, our tutors can help.
Focused Guidance for Impressive Results
From math to reading and writing, we prepare students to approach each challenge in the right way and conquer any academic challenge.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child typically keeps up in class but is struggling with certain homework assignments and grasping new concepts, our tutors can help! We know how to address frustration, enhance understanding and teach students how to apply their new skills towards better grades overall. Academic Coaching will help your child:
- Get full guidance and support with personalized sessions that cater to his or her unique needs, boosting confidence and ensuring concepts stick. We offer help in a range of homework subjects. (You don't need to be an expert!)
- Increase understanding and hone skills through an effective method of learning and skill practice that makes sure concepts stick.
- Boost confidence and lower stress through regular feedback and recognition from the tutor for each skill acquired.
- Get proven tutoring at an affordable price, with competitive monthly packages to suit your family's needs.
Advanced Homework Help (Grades 9-12)
High school homework can sometimes feel like a burden for even the most talented students. If your teen could use some extra help prioritizing assignments or mastering complex concepts, you can count on Sylvan for Advanced Homework Help. You’ll notice boosted comprehension, which will lower frustrations while improving results. This program offers:
- Tailored learning sessions that cater to your teen's needs so skills are really mastered!
- Bolstered confidence and better preparation, with minimal stress thanks to expert tutors who motivate and inspire.
- Expert guidance on a variety of subjects, from history to advanced math and AP classes.
- Competitive hourly rates that work with your family's budget.