Do you need a writing tutor in the Washington, DC region? Whether it seems as though your son or daughter is beginning to fall behind on writing assignments, could use some extra practice to enhance sills or is just interested in getting ahead to lay the foundation for success, we have experienced tutors that can help.
Customizable Learning for Your Family
Sylvan offers a range of programs devoted to helping your child develop strong writing skills, so your son or daughter has access to support that will make a difference. Starting with the basics of sentence structure up to guidance writing college admissions essays, our writing tutors are here to equip your child with the skills for success — and ensure the process is fun, too!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to keep up with writing level requirements, our Personalized Tutoring program in writing could be just what he or she needs to build on skills, tackle writing assignments and avoid frustration. Here’s what you can look forward to with Personalized Tutoring: Our Personalized Tutoring program can offer:
- Become a more proficient, engaging and confident writer. Starting with the mechanics of writing including the process of composing, revising and editing essays, we make sure your child has a solid foundation. With these skills your son or daughter will become a better student as well as a better writer.
- Big results in the classroom. Our writing program is designed to align with college and career readiness standards so the focus is on building skills that will be needed down the road.
- Competitive rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors getting your family the best writing help is always affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
For the child that needs a little more practice to get writing skills up to speed to start acing assignments and tests, this program is a great fit. With Academic Coaching, you’ll get:
- Proactive tutoring support that builds skills needed to keep up in class and complete homework.
- Learning sessions personalized to your child’s needs, from skill practice to homework help and tips for studying for tests.
- Interactive activities that emphasize hands-on learning.
- Expert tutors who use modern teaching methods to make sure difficult concepts make sense (so you don’t have to be the expert!).
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that keep things simple.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
For the student who is motivated to achieve ambitious academic goals, strong writing skills are key. This program is designed to help your child excel in advanced courses and learn the research-based writing skills to complete homework and tests with writing components as well as write college admissions essays. With this program, you can expect:
- High confidence in tackling writing assignments and challenges.
- The basics of composition and research skills that will serve your child well in advanced courses.
- Expert support in writing a college admissions essay that gets noticed.
- Strengthen developing skills with hands-on practice in research and writing.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Sign Up Now to Save More!
Get started for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a wonderful way to both pinpoint your child's strengths and identify skill areas that need improvement. Fill out our form or give us a call and we'll contact you to discuss your needs and what we can do to help.