School may be out of session, but fun-filled learning experiences are in! Sylvan’s summer camps in the Washington, DC region are designed to keep your child inspired and motivated to learn in new and innovative ways. No boring drills here!
We combine easy-to-learn technology, fun games and hands-on projects (like programming video games and designing robots) to make sure kids are having a great time. Your child has the option to register for our summer programs with friends or spark new friendships as he or she develops important skills in a collaborative group setting. You’ll be delighted to see your child’s confidence grow!
Where Learning Comes Alive
Kids and parents alike love our summer camps because they transform learning into a fun and engaging experience. Through interactive, hands-on activities, your child will learn critical skills — such as STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) skills, study skills and writing skills — that can make a lasting impact throughout the school year. Keep your child motivated all summer long: register for a Sylvan summer camp in the Washington, DC region today!▼
A Fun-Filled Summer Awaits
Our summer camps in the Washington, DC region are a great place to make lasting memories — and try something new! This is because we mix effective teaching methods with action-packed projects and games that let your child’s imagination soar while equipping him or her with important competencies!
From subject-specific courses to technology-focused programs, our summer camps are a fantastic way to get your child primed for the approaching school year. We have a number of scheduling options to choose from, so you won’t be hard pressed to find time for learning this summer.
Make a Lasting Impact with Our Academic Summer Camps:
- Early Reading (PreK-K): Our Early Reading Edge camp is a great way to help prepare your little learner for elementary school! We use a kid-friendly combination of interactive lessons and fun-filled games to help your child get to grips with the basics of reading.
- Study Skills (Grades 4-12): Reduce stress and watch confidence soar! Our expert teachers will help your son or daughter develop the all-important organization, planning and time management skills needed for greater success both inside and outside the classroom.
- Fit4Algebra (Grades 6-9): Learning algebra doesn’t have to be daunting. We use a fun combination of activities to help your child master the skills needed to successfully tackle difficult algebra concepts to come.
- Writing (Grades 4-9): Your aspiring writer will compile a wide-ranging portfolio he or she will gladly want to show off. Throughout the program, your child get to try a variety of writing techniques, such as crafting web copy and writing movie reviews.
Our STEM Summer Camps Include:
- Robotics (Grades 1-6): Your child will have a blast learning to build, program and animate robots using LEGO® bricks and award-winning software. It’s a really cool way to learn important STEM and problem solving skills—and power up creativity and imagination!
- Engineering (Grades 1-8): Your child will discover the amazing world of machine and bridge design with our cool, theme-based engineering camps. Kids will get to design and construct creations that are based on real-life structure from around the world!