Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Washington, DC region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Washington, DC region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Comprehensive Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Washington, DC region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Washington, DC region consider the bigger picture. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.