Finding a reliable reading tutor in the Washington, DC region can make a big impact towards helping your child work on his or her reading skills, boost confidence and get results beyond just the classroom. If you’re starting to notice your child is falling behind, could use a little extra practice or wants to get ahead, our tutors can provide guidance that is personalized for success.
At Sylvan, we offer a selection of reading tutoring approaches to make sure your child is receiving the guidance he or she needs to succeed. After identifying the level your child is currently reading at, we’ll recommend the best program to make sure he or she starts seeing results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a difficult time keeping up with reading level requirements and could use some guidance to catch up and develop confidence, this program could be the perfect solution. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to provide your son or daughter with guidance in building on skills that are on-par with grade level. With our Personalized Tutoring, your child will get:
- Success in class and beyond. Class and homework time will be a breeze.
- More personalized support. We use the results of a reading assessment to determine the approach your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- More confidence and guidance. Our expert reading tutors will constantly tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—not frustrating!
- The skills to achieve success. With our school-aligned curriculum, your child will be learning things that apply directly to the classroom.
- Affordable rates. With our rates, you’ll feel confident you’re getting the best reading help for your family.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a big help for kids who need extra guidance completing reading-related homework and tests, as well as staying on track in the classroom. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Dedicated tutoring that aims to sharpen reading comprehension skills and that will make sure your child is completing homework and keeping up in class.
- Learning sessions that focus on skill practice, homework help and test prep, all designed to meet your child’s needs.
- A locally aligned curriculum that is relevant to what your child is learning in class.
- Hands-on activities that improve reading skills and your child’s understanding of all kids of material.
- Affordable prices that fit your budget thanks to our convenient monthly packages.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child is on the fast track and/or needs support managing a tough workload, completing reading-heavy assignments or preparing for important tests, this program can make a big difference. Help your teen keep up with advanced coursework and excel in college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With our program, you can look forward to:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Start Now and Enjoy Limited-Time Savings
Get started for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a wonderful way to both pinpoint your child's strengths and identify skill areas that need improvement. Give us a call or fill out the form and we'll contact you as soon as possible to talk about your needs and how we can help.