Are you in the market for a writing tutor in the Roanoke and Lynchburg region? Whether you’ve noticed your son or daughter is starting to fall behind on writing assignments, would benefit from extra practice to improve skills or is looking to get ahead to start building a foundation for future success, our skilled tutors are here to help.
Targeted Learning for Your Family
Sylvan offers a range of programs devoted to helping your child develop strong writing skills, so your son or daughter has access to support that will make a difference. Both the basics of sentence structure and how to write the best college admissions essay possible will be covered, as well as everything in between — our writing tutors will also make sure your child has fun in along the way!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Our Personalized Tutoring program in writing is designed to help children who are struggling to keep up with writing requirements build skills and regularly complete writing assignments with a lot less frustration. Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide: Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide:
- Become a more engaging and confident writer. Beginning with the basics of writing like composing, revising and editing essays, we aim to give your child a strong foundation. These skills will empower your son or daughter to become a more proficient writer—and student.
- Bigger, better results in the classroom. Our writing program is set up to align with college and career standards so the emphasis is placed on developing skills that will be useful in the future.
- Affordable prices. Our hourly rates are competitive with local tutoring companies and private tutors so getting quality writing help for your family is always within budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
For the child that needs a little more practice to get writing skills up to speed to start acing assignments and tests, this program is a great fit. Here is what you can expect from Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring support to work on skills and keep up with homework and in class.
- Tutoring sessions targeted to your child’s needs — from skill practice, to help with homework, to test prep guidance.
- Hands-on activities that establish a strong foundation for building on skills.
- Expert tutors who use the modern teaching methods to get new concepts to click (that means you don’t have to become an expert!)
- Affordable monthly packages to keep it simple and budget-friendly.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
Solid writing skills are one of the most important things for a student with ambitious academic goals. This program is perfect for helping your child ace advanced courses, develop research-based writing skills and learn how to write a college admissions essay that will have a positive impact. With this program, you can expect:
- The confidence to take on new writing challenges.
- The fundamentals of composition that will give your child a leg up in advanced courses.
- Expert guidance for writing an engaging college admissions essay that will make an impact.
- Solidify skills with plenty of research and writing practice.
- Hourly rates that suit any budget.
Act Now and Save
The Academic Checkup identifies your child's academic strengths and needs, so our expert tutors know which areas to focus on for success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Contact us today to learn more!