As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Essex-Junction, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Essex-Junction? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.