Enlisting an expert reading tutor in Essex-Junction can make a huge difference when it comes to boosting your child’s reading ability and helping him or her achieve more confidence and greater results in school and beyond. Whether your child is starting to fall behind, needs some extra practice to reinforce learning or simply wants to get ahead, our talented tutors will provide the practical support he or she needs.
Tutoring Programs Tailored to Your Child's Needs
We offer a variety of approaches to reading tutoring in order to address the unique needs of each student. We'll first pinpoint your child’s current level and then recommend the option that will lead to the greatest improvement in scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is focused on helping kids who are struggling with reading and need extra help with getting their skills up to grade level. Here’s what sets our Personalized Tutoring apart:
- Success at school and during homework time. Measurable progress is guaranteed!
- The exact support needed. Using a detailed reading assessment, we get to know which skills need attention in order to improve reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- No more frustration. We design personalized learning plans and continually adjust them to ensure that reading is challenging and fun.
- Competitive rates. Getting the best reading support is affordable! Our hourly rates compare with private tutors and other tutoring companies.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is designed for children who need extra support with reading homework and tests and to stay on course for good results in the classroom. Here’s what’s included with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to build on and sharpen reading comprehension skills, keep up with homework and get ahead in class
- Learning sessions that include skill practice, homework help, and test prep tips, all designed to meet your child’s needs
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big impact in class performance
- Affordable monthly packages that satisfy your needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or wants to do a better job with advanced course loads, your teen can excel at accelerated coursework and lay the groundwork for successful college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. This program offers:
- Improved confidence (and less stress!) when planning much larger academic workloads.
- Efficient techniques for completing complex reading assignments.
- Time management methods for homework and tests with reading components, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Higher scores on college entrance exams and preparation for challenging college workloads and rising expectations.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Take Advantage of our Limited-Time Offer
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you book an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we will compare your child's academic skills to nationwide norms — and use our findings to pinpoint areas for improvement. Don’t miss out: start today for only $95*!