As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With our study skills program in Taylorsville, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, test preparation and future challenges to come. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list.
A Personalized Approach
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Taylorsville? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.