As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Riverton, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful college application. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Riverton and you can expect nothing but positive changes. You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.