As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Orem make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming college applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That's how our study skills experts are helping Orem students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Orem? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!