Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Salt Lake City region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Discover for yourself the many ways in which our knowledgeable tutors in the Salt Lake City region can help set your child on the path to success.
Our Unique Approach
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Salt Lake City region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Salt Lake City region take a look at the larger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program teaches strategies for smart studying, including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.