Searching for an effective writing tutor in Georgetown? Whether your child is showing signs of falling behind, needs some extra practice to reinforce concepts or wants to get ahead and become an exceptional writer and communicator, our tutors can help.
Tutoring That Targets Your Child's Needs
Whether it's the fundamentals of sentence structure or the finer points of college application essays, we know how to ensure steady and significant progress in writing — and how to make the whole thing fun, too!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is falling behind in writing, our Personalized Tutoring program can take the frustration out of completing homework assignments by focusing on improving writing-based skill gaps and building confidence. Here’s what our program offers:
- Proficient, engaging writing skills. We make sure each student gets to grips with the mechanics of writing and the entire process of composing, revising and editing written material.
- Better results in the classroom. Our writing program aligns to college and career readiness standards, making sure we cover skills that are needed for future success.
- Affordable rates: Our hourly rates are competitive compared to other tutoring companies and private tutors.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
Students who need a little extra practice with writing-based assignments in order to exceed expectations can benefit from this program. Here is what you can expect from Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring support for building the writing skills needed to complete homework and keep up in class.
- Tutoring sessions that target your child's individual needs with skill practice, test prep and homework help.
- Expert tutors with knowledge of the latest teaching methods used to make sure new concepts are really sticking.
- Affordable monthly packages that will fit into your budget.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (K-12)
Every student on the academic fast track needs strong writing skills. This program will help your child excel in advanced courses and develop research-based writing skills needed to complete homework and tests that have heavy writing requirements as well as write college admissions essays. Here's what sets our program apart:
- A timely confidence boost to take on any writing-based challenge.
- Advanced composition and research techniques to ace complicated assignments.
- Expert guidance to create a truly compelling college application.
- Progressive skill mastery through practical activities and practice.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Start Now to Benefit from an Academic Checkup
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a detailed Academic Checkup, we can assess your child's academic skills in relation to national norms — and use the results to pinpoint specific skills and knowledge that need extra attention. Get one now at your local Sylvan!