As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Tyler make teaching solid time management and test prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Tyler? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program offers:
- How to set short-term and long-term goals strategically, and effectively manage time and workloads.
- How to organize schoolwork and create an effective personal study area.
- How to set personal and teacher expectations, and use an academic planner.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including the admission essay.
- How to write a resume and cover letter, and prepare for a job interview.