Want to encourage your child to start developing strong study habits as soon as possible? Our Study Skills programs in Round Rock are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. Our tutors are here to provide assistance with study tips whether your child is slipping behind or looking for strategies to get ahead, so he or she is sure to progress.
Guidance for Studying Smart
With a combination of instruction, independent practice and plenty of opportunities to put developing skills to the test, we can ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has unique needs, which means the process of instilling useful, life-long study skills, and reinforcing positive behaviors and attitudes when it comes to studying won’t be one size fits all. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program takes a comprehensive approach. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits, goal setting and time management to strong communication, digital literacy, and research and writing skills, our expert tutors will teach your teen skills that will stay with him or her well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build a strong foundation of essential skills: Let us know what areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, presentation skills or note taking — and we'll make sure your teen is getting the right guidance.
- Instill the confidence to take on new challenges: Positive behaviors and attitudes will supplement the practical skills learned so your teen has the confidence to meet any challenge head on.
- Develop skills for the future: Sylvan can make sure your son or daughter succeeds well beyond the classroom with essential skills like goal setting, public speaking and how to prepare for a job interview!