As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Rio Grande City, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful college application. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That's how we make sure children and teens in Rio Grande City and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Rio Grande City? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.