As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Missouri City, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful college application. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That's how our experts tee up Missouri City students for real success at school — and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Missouri City? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.