Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in McAllen are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
How to Study Smarter
The changing demands kids and teens face at school call for a foundation of strong study skills. With a combination of instruction, independent practice and plenty of opportunities to put developing skills to the test, we can ensure habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has unique needs, which means the process of instilling useful, life-long study skills, and reinforcing positive behaviors and attitudes when it comes to studying won’t be one size fits all. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in. Here are the skill sets you can expect to be covered:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors teach teens skills that can be used in school, college and beyond, including digital literacy, goal setting, study habits, time management and more. Our tutors know exactly how to motivate your teen to study hard and strive to meet — and exceed — expectations. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Apply the skills in the real world: Out students enjoy plenty of opportunities to apply their new strategies to projects and big tests.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: It's understandable — you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond. We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.