As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Sylvan's study skills program in Lubbock is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for tests and successfully prepare for challenges to come. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Lubbock, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program offers:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the college admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.