Want to encourage your child to start developing strong study habits as soon as possible? Our Study Skills programs in Kyle are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. Whether your child is starting to fall behind or wants to develop the skills to get ahead, our study tips and techniques can make all the difference.
Learning How to Study More Effectively
By combining independent activities with personal instruction — and lots of chances to practice new skills — we ensure that good study habits quickly become second nature.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Each and every child has unique learning needs, which means there are multiple ways to instill practical academic behaviors and effective, life-long study skills. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program is designed to be comprehensive. All of the following areas are covered:
- Time management: Focusing on organizing and prioritizing, we can take the stress out of any academic workload.
- Active reading strategies: See the benefits in all subject areas when your child develops better comprehension skills.
- Effective note taking strategies: Get more from study time with the smart use of flash cards, color coding and other techniques.
- Research skills: Evaluating sources in specific subjects and learning how to craft a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We explore how to strengthen writing skills and communicate more effectively.
- Online safety: We can't overstate the importance of staying safe online! These sessions focus on locating, evaluating and sharing digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our tutors are experts at teaching your teen strong research, writing and study skill as well as digital literacy, time management and goal setting — all of which will come in handy well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You determine which skills need more attention — such as time management or research — so we can ensure we're focusing on the right areas for the most noticeable results.
- Feel more confident: The positive behaviors and attitudes we foster are a big step towards building confidence and meeting big expectations.
- Develop vital assets for the future: Sylvan can provide guidance for public speaking, job interview preparation and other important skills for young adults.